The Maths Mate Programme is based on the principle that regular, structured practice helps in the development of both short and long term memory. As a result, students’ mathematical knowledge, skills and problem solving abilities are consolidated and extended through systematic, weekly revision.
- The Maths Mate sheet is completed. For the younger child, parents sign the work and students correct their work in class.
- The student record- keeping sheets are completed. Over successive weeks, weaknesses in particular sets become evident.
- Students identify the appropriate Skill Builder as listed on the record keeping sheet.
- Students are supported with instructions, worked examples, a glossary and maths facts.
- Teacher records are maintained for easy reporting to parents.
- If a student is having difficulty with their problem solving strategies, then the Problem Solving Hints & Solutions can be used by teachers to develop the student’s skills.